Candles are a beautiful addition to your home (clearly we love them!), so we wanted to offer a few tips that will help you have the best experience burning and enjoying them. Below are some helpful recommendations:
- Store your candles in a cool, dark place (and always away from pets and children)
- When you first light your candle, burn it until the wax melts completely liquifies across the top. It will help with tunneling and enable a smooth and full burn. This will take about 2-4 hours.
- Be sure to trim your wick before EVERY burn. It will prevent sooting and mushrooming of the wick. It will also give you a steady burn on the candle.
- Do not burn your candle more than 3 hours at a time; burning it longer will cause it to overheat and overheated glass jars can become fire hazards.
- Keep your lit candle away from furniture, drapes, or any other flammable material.
- Keep debris (cut wicks, matches, etc) out of your candle wax. Always cover your candle after burning to reduce dust and particles getting in the candle wax
- Do not put your candle in direct sunlight.
- To get the most fragrance out of your candle, allow it to burn in a room with closed doors and windows for 20-30 min.
- Never leave a lit candle unattended
- Do not burn your candle all the way down. Once you can see the base of the wick, the candle should not be burned. Continuing to burn the candle may result in the glass jar shattering.